Iliyan Bogdanov graduated from the English language school in Pazardzhik and later on, he decided to go to the town of Blagoevgrad, where he studied Applied Linguistics with English and Greek languages. At the age of 20, he started working as a Consumer Engagement Executive at Philip Morris. Iliyan worked there for 6 years, making a great career at the Marketing Department there. Suddenly, Iliyan decided that he wanted to enroll for a 7-month-long QA Complete course at an IT academy. After successfully completing the course, he started working as a QA engineer at Wacom – a Japanese creative company. Currently, Iliyan works as a Software Development Engineer in Test at the fastest growing IT company in Eastern Europe – BGO Software. He is also MTA and ISTQB certified professional, a humble husband and a proud father of Boris (who is 5 months old).
- How long have you been working for the company and how did everything start?
I have been working for the company since the beginning of the year. Everything started one day when a recruiter contacted me. She introduced me to the company and I decided to give it a try. The interview was very pleasant, it felt like a friendly conversation. To tell you the truth, I did not expect for a Bulgarian company to be better employer, giving better working conditions to its employees, than a foreign one.
- What are the biggest challenges in what you do?
There are no challenges, just bugs 🙂
- What are the most fundamental skills you should have for your current position?
Attention to details.
- As a Quality Assurance Specialist, tell us what it is like to be one.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (sounds fancy, right 🙂 ) or a Quality Assurance Specialist, my top priority is to deliver quality software meeting deadlines. A good QA is a team player, as well.
- My favorite moment of the day is in the morning
- The first thing I notice about a person is his/her attitude
- The 3 things I cannot work without are an award-winning team, a laptop and internet connection
- My 3 favorite online places are mobile.bg , cars.bg and dnes.bg 🙂
- When I am offline, I love going anywhere with my family
- I love my job because I give my best to make things better
- I get inspired by the fact that Bulgaria is a very nice business destination, we have a lot of talented young people and salaries are getting more and more European-like
- If I had a superpower, I will use it to be a better person every day (actually everybody has that superpower)
- On my nightstand you will find a laptop, phone and my son’s toys
- I come to work very inspired by the people around me
- I learn the most from the people who know more things than me
- If I had to describe myself in 3 words, it would be really hard… No matter what I write, it will sound either far-fetched or too modest. Ask other people what they think of me 🙂
- The strangest thing I believed in as a child was that time passes too slowly, while in fact, it doesn’t
- One person I consider a genius is Paulo Coelho 😀 Everything he says in Facebook is mega powerful
- My favorite quote is (no quotes by Paulo Coelho if possible) “Two men looked out from prison bars, one saw the mud, the other saw the stars.” Dale Carnegie
- If I win from the lottery, I will be a lottery winner
- If I have to describe to my grandparents what I do for a living, I will tell them I annoy people who are making computer programs
- My philosophy in life is stop worrying and start living