Nikola Georgiev graduated from Language School “Ivan Vazov” in Plovdiv with a profile in Spanish and Russian. After that he graduated from University of Plovdiv with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Economic Relations. At the time, Nikola used to work as a Store Manager in a retailer shop. After graduating, he started working as a Team Leading Analyst at Precise – a media monitoring company.
At BGO Software, Nikola was first appointed as a team lead for the team working on a data extraction project. Currently, he works as a Project Manager who organizes, schedules and monitors the progress of day-to-day tasks related to the maintenance, support and upgrade of different projects, one of which is VIP-Booking.
Outside the office, Nikola loves PC gaming as well as board gaming. In his spare time, Nikola also enjoys watching TV series or movies, goes out and catches up with his friends.
- How long have you been working for the company and how did everything start?
I’ve been working for the company since April 2016. It all started when I had told Ivan Markov that I’m looking for something new. After that he contacted me and shared they were looking for a person with a similar profile as mine. I applied for the position right away, had my interview appointed with Nikolay Stefanov (R&D Manager)… and here I am now.
- What are the biggest challenges in what you do?
The biggest challenges, I would say, are meeting deadlines and keeping the clients happy with the results.
- What are the most fundamental skills you should have for your current position?
Preparation because failing to prepare is preparing to fail.
- As a Project Manager, tell us what it is like to be one.
Project Managers are always required to have a clear concept in their head. What’s more, they should be ready for a lot of planning that needs to be done.
- My favorite moment of the day is in the morning
- The first thing I notice about a person is the way he/she talks
- The 3 things I cannot work without are coffee, internet, motivation
- My 3 favorite online places are YouTube, Reddit, Google
- When I am offline, I’m never really offline
- I love my job because it is interesting and it is expanding my horizon each day
- I get inspired by people
- If I had a superpower, it would be a cool one
- On my nightstand you will find water, my glasses and my phone
- I come to work on foot
- I learn the most from people around me
- If I had to describe myself in 3 words, they would be open-minded, analytical, pragmatic
- The strangest thing I believed in as a child was that people on TV could see me
- One person I consider a genius is Alan Turing
- My favorite quote is (no quotes by Paulo Coelho if possible) – “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” Albert Einstein
- If I win from the lottery, I would probably invest in something
- If I have to describe to my grandparents what I do for a living, I will tell them that I’m working with computers
- My philosophy in life is not to worry too much