After graduating with Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from University of National and World Economy in 2014 and beginning her Master’s Degree programme in Finance, Silviya Zheleva started working as a Teller at a bank. Her previous position was related to client consulting, selling bank products, working with cash and non-cash money.
Silviya was still a student in her last semester when she decided to change her career perspective and started looking for new opportunities and professional development. At that time, the IT industry was something unfamiliar for her, but her curiosity and impulsiveness drove her to try something unusual.
At the moment Silviya Zheleva is writing her Master’s Thesis. Because it is a time consuming activity, she prefers spending some additional hours working on it. In her free time Silviya usually catches up with her friends. She also loves jogging.
- How long have you been working for the company and how did everything start?
I have been working at BGO Software since October 2015. I was looking for a new job and my friend from university Malvina Vaseva told me about an open position at the company. At first I was not interested in starting a career in a new sphere but then I considered it again and decided to send my application. After one week I was the new addition to the Help Desk team.
- What are the biggest challenges in what you do?
Keeping clients informed and pleased is a major priority for this position. This is not an easy task, especially when something is not working correctly.
- What are the most fundamental skills you should have for your current position?
Detecting the problem quickly and providing the client with some advice is part of the job. This means that knowing each aspect and functionality of the system is very important.
- As a Help Desk analyst, tell us what it is like to be one.
As a client consultant many people rely on you and expect you to provide them with a helpful guidance on the matter. You have to be patient and to listen carefully. This helps you identify the problem in a short period of time and offer the correct solution.
- My favorite moment of the day is in the morning when I’m drinking my first cup of coffee
- The first thing I notice about a person is his/her voice
- The 3 things I cannot work without are Internet connection, computer and my phone
- My 3 favorite online places are YouTube, News.bg and online shopping websites (they are so many 🙂 )
- When I am offline, I prefer to spend some time with my friends and my family
- I love my job because I’m talking to my colleagues about different topics every day
- I get inspired by my father and my brother. They’ve always been so smart
- If I had a superpower, I would have the ability to teleport
- On my nightstand you will find my phone, a lamp and a book
- I come to work with a smile on my face
- I learn the most from my parents
- If I had to describe myself in 3 words, they would be responsible, adventurous, happy 🙂
- The strangest thing I believed in as a child was that there were monsters under my bed
- One person I consider a genius is my father. He always knows what needs to be done in every situation and how the problem can be resolved
- My favorite quote is (no quotes by Paulo Coelho if possible) „Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.“ Albert Einstein
- If I win from the lottery, I will buy a lot of shoes and clothes
- If I have to describe to my grandparents what I do for a living, I will tell them that I chat with English guys over the phone
- My philosophy in life is live your life and be happy