Diana Dikova has a Master’s Degree in construction engineering. After graduating from VSU “Lyuben Karavelov”, Diana works as a construction designer of wood and metal constructions and as a senior laboratory assistant in UACG . In 2015 she signs up for online courses at Telerik Academy on basic HTML and CSS. She also completes a course on Software testing and a year after that Diana finishes a course on Test Automation.
Apart from working as a QA analyst at BGO Software, she is always ready for a new adventure. She also enjoys extreme sports and loves the moment when she has an opportunity to prepare her suitcase quickly. Diana loves good music, compelling books and good people. She particularly likes Dan Brown’s writings and series of books because they make her think and ask the question “What if…?”
- How long have you been working for the company and how did everything start?
I’ve been part of BGO Software since April, 2015.
- What are the biggest challenges in what you do?
The biggest challenge for me was to realize that dealing with bugs reported by clients isn’t the end of the world. I know there are going to be even more complex and serious challenges in my career, but I am ready to face them 🙂
- What are the most fundamental skills you should have for your current position?
A good QA should have a full set of skills 🙂 As for me, I always try to be dedicated, persistent, logical, and asking the right questions at the right time. The most important thing, however, is to be able to take and handle your responsibilities with respect not only towards coworkers but towards clients as well.
- As a Quality Assurance Analyst tell us what it is like to be one.
Behind every successful project is the mutual effort of a whole team of specialists. Good organization and teamwork are the most important factors when it comes to quality. However, the greatest satisfaction comes when you get your job done and you know you are appreciated for what you did.
- My favorite moment of the day is when I spend time with my two children… and also when I turn off the lights after a fulfilling day
- The first thing I notice about a person is their eyes and smile
- The 3 things I cannot work without are laptop, music and motivation
- My 3 favorite online places are YouTube, IMS and Jira
- When I am offline, I’m with my family
- I love my job because it is dynamic and makes me feel responsible
- I get inspired by nice music, smiles and the goodness of people
- If I had a superpower, I will send bad people to Mars
- On my nightstand you will find pretty much anything, but you will definitely spot my phone with an alarm set on 🙂
- I come to work with a smile on my face
- I learn the most from my mistakes and my colleagues, of course 🙂
- If I had to describe myself in 3 words, they would be balanced, optimistic and funny
- The strangest thing I believed in as a child was that Santa Clause was real
- One person I consider a genius is… It’s hard to think of one person only. Every person has a talent 🙂
- My favorite quote is (no quotes by Paulo Coelho if possible) “Today is only one day in all the days that will ever be. But what will happen in all the other days that ever come can depend on what you do today.“ Ernest Hemingway
- If I win from the lottery, I will discover plenty of new places around the world and will learn new things about myself and people around me
- If I have to describe to my grandparents what I do for a living, I will say that I am responsible for the quality of a specific product. It’s that simple 🙂
- My philosophy in life is what goes around comes around