Deyan Dimitrov is not only a programmer with more than 10 years of experience in the IT sector but he’s also a person with a great sense of humor. He graduated from Technical University Sofia with Computer Science. And since two is better than one, he has Master’s Degree from New Bulgarian University as well. Deyan remembers that he got his first computer at the age of 15, after his father sold their apple-green Wartburg. Just like Grigor Dimitrov whose father bid goodbye to their Lada in order to give his son an opportunity to play tennis.
- How long have you been working for the company and how did everything start?
It’s my 7th month in the company. I’ve been working with Ivailo Ivanov for most of my work experience and know pretty well what it is to work at his company. The moment he asked me to join the team, I happily agreed.
- What are the biggest challenges in what you do?
Working with new (for me) technologies and mastering them. But that’s what makes me feel fulfilled in the end.
- What are the most fundamental skills you should have for your current position?
Flexibility to work with new people and technologies in a rapidly changing environment.
- As a Software Developer, tell us what it is like to be one.
As a web developer, I can assure you it’s a great job to do. You are always in pace with all these new things that some clever people create on the Internet. It makes me feel self-content.
- My favorite moment of the day is early in the morning, when I am full of energy, ideas, etc. You name it 🙂
- The first thing I notice about a person is his/her sense of humor, I guess
- The 3 things I cannot work without are keyboard, computer screen, internet
- My 3 favorite online places are Wikipedia, Twitter, Google
- When I am offline, I keep living
- I love my job because It makes me feel part of the most creative side of the world
- I get inspired by ordinary people
- If I had a superpower, it would be to stop any war, anywhere
- On my nightstand you will find kindle, phone, few paper copy books (not textbooks)
- I come to work as early as possible, mainly walking
- I learn the most from experience, as any other poor human
- If I had to describe myself in 3 words, they would be – I’m a modest person, so I’ll leave that to others
- The strangest thing I believed in as a child was that the world would have ended in the year 2000
- One person I consider a genius is Stephen Hawking
- My favorite quote is (no quotes by Paulo Coelho if possible) “The most certain way to fail is to take yourself too seriously.” Unknown
- If I win from the lottery – I don’t play lottery so I won’t win
- If I have to describe to my grandparents what I do for a living, I will tell them that I make people’s lives easier via computer
- My philosophy in life is – I haven’t come up with one, yet