Dimitar Dikov is a Project Manager at BGO Software. He Graduated from UACEG in 2006 with a Master’s degree in Structural Engineering. He started working as a Steel structures designer three years prior to his graduation and after that he applied for the position of PM in BGO. Also, Dimitar Dikov successfully defended his Doctorate thesis on “Piles bearing capacity based on in-situ test results” in 2015. From 2009 he is a Chief Assist. Prof. at the “Geotechnical Engineering” Department in UACEG.
How long have you been working for the company and how did everything start?
I’ve been in the company since March, 2014. What made me start working for BGO Software in the beginning was a joint software product called CeeCAD – an online platform for construction engineering.
What are the biggest challenges in what you do?
To make the team of developers work like a well-oiled machine with minimum intervention on my part. I know I’ve done my job well when my help isn’t requested.
What are the most fundamental skills you should have for your current position?
Being patient as well as having the ability to understand customers and colleagues.
As a PM, tell us what it is like to be one.
Well, it’s kind of difficult to explain because it depends on factors like personal point of view, experience and approach to this position. As I see it, the PM should be a bridge between the company and the client, and with that comes great responsibility. Every failure on my part reflects on the performance not only of the team but of the entire company as well. As a PM I try to make the client feel as if I am on his side in every controversial situation.
- My favorite moment of the day is when I see my children in the evening
- The first thing I notice about a person is dressing style
- The 3 things I cannot work without are Coffee, Cigarettes and my Calculator
- My 3 favorite online places are reefbuilders.com, reefcentral.com, aquarium.bg
- When I am offline, I usually spend as much time as possible with my children. After that I am dedicated to my reef tank
- I love my job because I love modern technology. It is worth to invest some time and effort in something that contributes to the technological development
- I get inspired by positive feedback and assessment from the people I work with
- If I had a superpower, it would be Charles Francis Xavier aka Professor X
- On my nightstand you will find alarm clock, notebook, calendar, remote control and … many more. It’s a mess
- I come to work because I have to 🙂
- I learn the most from people who are willing to share their knowledge
- If I had to describe myself in 3 words patient, intransigent (when it comes to obvious injustice), naive sometimes
- The strangest thing I believed in as a child Do not really remember. Perhaps, in what every child believe (including my children), that Santa Claus exists
- One person I consider a genius is Michael Faraday
- My favorite quote is (no quotes by Paulo Coelho if possible) “Theory is the language by means of which lessons of experience can be clearly expressed.” Karl Von Terzaghi
- If I win from the lottery, I will invest in Bulgarian scientists and their technological innovations
- If I have to describe to my grandparents what I do for a living, it will take like forever to explain what is PC and how it functions
- My philosophy in life is Be honest with you and your friends and always express your opinion, even if it’s not being liked by others