Project Management Methodology
Scrum is one of the most popular Agile methodologies. It is an adaptive, iterative, fast, flexible, and effective methodology designed to deliver significant value quickly and throughout a project. Scrum ensures transparency in communication and creates an environment of collective accountability and continuous progress. The Scrum framework is structured in such a way that it supports product and service development in all types of industries and in any type of project, irrespective of its complexity.
Metaforms was an aspiring project, that led our teams into a variety of milestones and problem-solving tasks.
In order to add business value and serve the main product vision, the project faced some real-time challenges. Process digitization is expensive, slow and heavy to implement, many organizations yet rely on manual filling and exchange of paper forms. In addition to that, existing electronic systems have a hard time exchanging data and staff training is required.
Fast and easy eCRF generation, questionnaires and online documents require a quick response to changes in Study Protocols, regulations, and more. Achieving functional specifications like, publishing declarations and collecting consents as well as analysis and provision of data, made Metaforms a complex and challenging project.
When approaching all mentioned challenges BGO developed this software solution in a very agile manner and we created a rich assembly of options that meet all requirements. The admin area in the web-app gives the manager and other users a lot of useful options:
- Create organizations
- Associate and invite users
- Groups, roles and permissions management
- Data collection model definition
- Reusable question and fields libraries
- Questions (mini forms) editor
- Powerful web-based forms editor
- Reuse forms between multiple projects (data collection scenarios)
- Assign forms to organization users and groups
- Expose forms data entry by anonymous users
- Browse and export collected data
The users’ area presents more additional options:
- Anonymous and authenticated users data entry
- Branded instances for each organization
- User dashboard
- Upload picture(s) straight to the form (from device camera or file)
- Export/Print to PDF
- Browse filled forms
- Sign forms using stylus or finger
- Ready for integration and embedding into existing systems: ERP, CRM, Websites, etc.
We at BGO managed to create a software solution that finds efficient ways to battle the existing challenges in the process of building custom paper forms.
Metaforms is fast and cheap to implement, as well as intuitive and requires minimal or no staff training. The software is cloud-based and available via the Internet on desktop and mobile devices. Generated forms look as close to those used by people involved in the process, and our development team added the possibility of modification by non-specialists.
Our product is able to share data with existing systems in the customers’ organization, as well as reporting and data analysis. All of these features function in the most secure data storing manner.