Zahari Mladenov has been on the visual creative side for 8 years now, and he can firmly say that he has perfected his artistic skills and know-how in many directions. Harry is a strategic designer with sharp focus on web and mobile identity, including brand identity, logo design, UI/UX design, art direction and more.
Zahari Mladenov is among the first employees of the company. He started back in 2006, joining a team of just two – Ivailo Ivanov and Niki Kalenski, thus becoming the third musketeer. All in all, through his design work, Harry adds valuable and unique experience to our company’s brand life, making it appealing, relevant and accessible. One of the side projects Zahari is extremely proud to have been involved in is the “Amroo” mobile app. The app managed to win the 24th “Telerik Hackathon” in 2014, and was 100% designed by our creative designer and coded by his friends at Cool Apps.
Enough for his work life. ☺ What Harry does in his free time, once again on a professional level, is b-boying (break-boying). He is not only the best breaker we happen to know, but also one of the best in the world. More about Zac the Thrilla breaking achievements here.
- How long have you been working for the company and how did everything start?
It seems like I’ve been in the company for longer than the company itself exists!… How is that possible? Magic 🙂
- What are the biggest challenges in what you do?
To stand out.
- What are the most fundamental skills you should have for your current position?
From my perspective, one should be free and very creative… (yes that trendy word), yet patient with clients (the hardest part) and have or develop their self in some kind of unique direction or what we call “style”. Of course you have to know your software too!
- As a Graphic Designer tell us what it is like to be one.
- My favorite moment of the day is when I’ve done something that looks impressive even to myself… There is always something to improve the next day though
- The first thing I notice about a person is that I don’t remember his or her name after 5 seconds 😉
- The 3 things I cannot work without are my eyes, hands and brain… Literally ha-ha
- My 3 favorite online places are my customized Flipboard Feed, my Soundcloud and Size.co.uk
- When I am offline, I play Mortal Kombat, stay creative in the bboy lab and spend time with my girlfriend
- I love my job because of the constant challenges, in both creativity and aesthetic directions
- I get inspired by too many things to name just few
- If I had a superpower, it would be to clone myself
- On my nightstand you will find countless things, but mostly dust
- I come to work sleepy! 🙂
- I learn the most from bad decisions
- If I had to describe myself in 3 words, they would be stubborn, stubborn & stubborn
- The strangest thing I believed in as a child was that Stephen Seagal is cool dude
- One person I consider a genius is the guy who invented the chocolate
- My favorite quote is (no quotes by Paulo Coelho if possible) “My priority as a teacher is passion. My priority as a dancer is the music. My priority as an artist is freedom.” Jeremy – Havikoro
- If I win from the lottery, I will get married 🙂 I’m kidding… Most likely I will start challenging myself into a non-profit direction only
- If I have to describe to my grandparents what I do for a living, I will tell them I design things
- My philosophy in life is be good and stay humble